Lesson 2 —Remote Workshops Can Be Fun
Simple Lessons to Become the Most Innovative Person Around
One thing I’ve learned from the outbreak of the Coronavirus is how unnecessary most business travel is. There’s very little that can’t be done over Skype or Zoom. Flying to another continent for a few hours is just crazy.
I run more and more workshops virtually. With some small tweaks they almost feel like face to face sessions:
- Always ask everyone to turn on the camera
- Begin the session with some fun elements.
- Let them stand up and move around, ask to show their office
- Limit the length of the virtual sessions to two hours
- If you use Zoom you can even use it’s breakout room feature to distribute people into creative sub-teams.
These sessions are such a time, resource and money saver.